Constitution (abbreviated as "CN") determines how easily a character will become fatigued, the rate of healing, and his or her resistance to poison.
Constitution influences a few secondary stats:
- Fatigue: each point spent on constitution increases the fatigue pool (+2). A character recovers from Fatigue continuously.
- Heal rate: this derived statistic is somewhat self-explanatory – the character's body heals at a rate proportional to this number. Hit points return only during sleep.
- Poison recovery rate: when poisoned, a character's body will subtract a number of poison units from his or her poison level every few minutes – the amount is proportional to this number. If the character rests, the number of units eliminated every few minutes will double: a body freed from other distractions will devote all available resources to purging itself of the offending toxin.
20 points in constitution provides immunity to poison.
- +1 Staff of Restoration, or
- +1 Axe of Strength
- +4 Amulet of K'an-el. Worn by Fawn in Qintarra. Or
- +1 Amulet of N'Tala. Worn by Myrth in Stillwater.
- +2 Ring of Virility. Worn by Mr. Franklin in Tarant.
- +1 Caladon Crusading Chain
- +1 Mysterious Dwarven Gauntlets (for dwarves only). Worn by Magnus in Tarant.
- +1 Blessing of Torg
- +1 Vivifier, permanently. Also all stats +1.
- +1 Muscle Maker, permanently. Also +1 ST,DX,BE and -1 IN,WP,PE,CH. Be carefully!
- +2 Revitalizer, temporarily. Also all stats +2.
- +2 Energizer, temporarily. Also all physical stats (ST,CN,DX,BE) +2.