Electric lights are items that can be held in a character's shield slot to provide illumination. The schematic is acquired by purchasing the first degree of the Electrical technological discipline.
Ingredients: Lantern + Filament
- The components can be bought from General Stores and Inventors' Shops, respectively.
- Filaments can be easily acquired by searching around the wreckage of the IFS Zephyr.
- There is a lantern in the barrel at the entrance of the Bessie Toone's mine in Shrouded Hills.
- An Electric Light can be found in the Caladon Museum, in the small storeroom on the wall to the right of the entrance.
- Decreases to-hit chance penalty in darkness by an amount dependent on the character's aptitude (-15% on 100 TA?). Even at maximum tech. aptitude, it does not seem to be much of an improvement over the Lantern it is built from (extra 1%-3% reduction of darkness penalty?). Non-technological characters will always benefit from a Lantern more.
Used as an ingredient in: