The IFS Zephyr was a blimp that was the first lighter-than-air aircraft in Arcanum.
On Jan 1, 1885, the Zephyr left on its maiden voyage, carrying passengers from Caladon to Tarant but the voyage ended tragically when it was shot down by Ogre bandits flying armed, experimental heavier-than-air aircraft. The blimp crashed at a site close to the small mining town of Shrouded Hills, leaving only one survivor.
In addition to the crew, known passengers included:
- The Living One (if none of the premade characters are chosen)
- Merwin Tumblebrook - halfing tech thief
- Horace McGinley - half-elf mage thief
- Ke'ree Melange - half-elf techno-mage diplomat
- Victoria Warrington - human beauty/mental based diplomat
- Solomon Doone - human necromancer
- Lugard Bloodstone - dwarf fighter technologist
- Godfrey Castleburger - gnome socialite gunslinger
- Clarisse Vorak - half-orc physician technologist
- Merik Luggerton - half-orc fighter
- Muck Evil Eye - half-ogre brawler
- D'ren Le'lor - elf mage archer
- Bel'an T'Seraa - elf charismatic melee mage
- Isaac Zapruder – human photographer
- Preston Radcliffe – gnome(?) gentleman
- Wilhemina Carpenter – human lady
Premade characters that aren't chosen will be found as bodies at the crash site. The bodies of D'ren Le'lor, Solomon Doone, Isaac Zapruder, Preston Radcliffe, & Wilhemina Carpenter are lootable for objects. The "Living One" bodies are cleared after the player character leaves the crash site but the latter three contain quest related items and are persistent.