Skills are a character's abilities. They are divided into four groups:
Combat skills Edit
Combat skills are used when attacking or defending during combat. All skills within this group are dependent upon dexterity:
- Bow: the skill of using short and long bows.
- Dodge: the ability to dodge an attack or the effect of a trap.
- Melee: the chance to land a damaging blow with a hand weapon or while unarmed.
- Throwing: the ability to throw knives, rocks, grenades, or any other damaging object.
Thieving skills Edit
Though primarily used by thieves, thieving skills have other non-criminal uses too:
- Backstab: the art of doing extra damage with a rear melee attack. Dependent on dexterity.
- Pick Pocket: the art of stealing and planting items on other people. Dependent on dexterity.
- Prowling: the skill of hiding and moving quietly to avoid detection. Dependent on perception.
- Spot Trap: the ability to locate mechanical traps in the immediate vicinity before they are tripped. Dependent on perception.
Social skills Edit
Social skills are used on other people during social situations:
- Gambling: the skill of winning at cards, dice, and other games of chance. Dependent on intelligence.
- Haggle: the art of the deal, used to buy goods at less than full price. Dependent on willpower.
- Heal: the ability to cure wounds and reduce crippling injury. Dependent on intelligence.
- Persuasion: the ability to convince someone to do an action, or that you are telling the truth. Dependent on charisma.
Technological skills Edit
Technological skills deal with technology. Investing in these skills increases Technological Aptitude.
- Repair: the skill of repairing damaged items. Dependent on intelligence.
- Firearms: marksmanship ability with technological weapons. Dependent on perception.
- Pick Locks: the skill of opening locks without the use of keys. Dependent on dexterity.
- Disarm Traps: the skill of disabling mechanical traps. Dependent on perception.